1. The Kullu Valley is situated between the mountain ranges of :
(a) Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal
(b) Ranjoti and Nagtibba
(c) Ladakh and Pir Panjal
(d) Middle Himalayas and Siwalik
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Spl.) (Pre) 2002, U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 1999]
Ans. (a) Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal
2. In which state is the Nelang Valley located?
(a) Himachal Pradesh
(c) Jammu and Kashmir
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2016]
3. Match List-I (Valley) with List-II (State) and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists :
List I List II
A. Markha Valley 1. Sikkim
B. Dzukou Valley 2. Himachal Pradesh
C. Sangla Valley 3. Jammu and Kashmir
D. Yumthang Valley 4. Nagaland
A B C D
(a) 2 4 3 1
(b) 3 1 2 4
(c) 2 1 3 4
(d) 3 4 2 1
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2006]
4. Consider the following statements:
1. Silent Valley National Park is in the Nallamalai range.
2. Pathrakkadavu Hydroelectric project is proposed to be built near the Silent Valley National Park.
3. The Kunthi river originates in Silent Valley’s rainforests.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 3
(b) 2 only
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1, 2 and 3
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2005]
5. In which State ‘Silent Valley’ is located in India?
(a) Tamil Nadu
[Chhattisgarh P.C.S. (Pre) 2019]