Recently, Government of India has notified the draft “Green Credit Programme (GCP)’ implementation rules for 2023.
- Notification issued on- June 26, 2023
- Notification issued by- Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change
- Aim- To provide Green Credits for specified activity that are delivering a positive impact on the environment.
About Green Credit Programme:
- This proposed national level programme, Green credit programme has been established in order to leverage a competitive market-based approach for Green credits and encourage varied stakeholders to take voluntary beneficial environmental actions. that might be related to creating or acquiring Green credits.
- The Green Credit Programme (GCP) launched, was announced under Mission LIFE.