The Union ministry of environment, forest and climate change has accorded the final approval to Rajasthan’s fifth Tiger Reserve in Dholpur-Karauli.
- It is the country’s 54th tiger reserve.
- It is located in the Dholpur and Karauli district of Rajasthan.
- The Union ministry of environment, forest and climate change also gave in-principle approval to declare Kumbhalgarh as a tiger reserve in Rajasthan.
- The protected natural tiger corridor will increase from Ramgarh Vishdhari RTR Dholpur to Mukundra- the stretch would be around 4,000sq km.
- The number of tigers in Rajasthan has increased from 32 in 2006 to 88 in 2022.
|Other Four Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan
- The other four tiger reserves in Rajasthan are-
- Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Sawai Madhopur.
- Sariska Tiger Reserve in Alwar.
- Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve in Kota.
- Ramgarh Vishdhari Tiger Reserve in Bundi, which was added in May 2022