Recently, the Union Health Ministry launched an ambitious initiative of screening and putting 75 million people with hypertension and diabetes on Standard Care by 2025, to mark World Hypertension Day (May 17, 2023)
- Launched on: May 17, 2023
- Launched by: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- The initiative will be the largest expansion of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) in primary healthcare programs in the world with a community-based approach starting at the primary healthcare level.
- Under the initiative, 75 million people with hypertension and diabetes are to be put on Standard Care by 2025, through Primary Health. Cares(PHCs).
- The Shashakt Portal was launched for the training of 40,000 Primary Health Care Medical Officers on Standard Treatment Workflow for NCD initiated to realize health care services closer to the community.