According to data released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry on May 15 2023, inflation based on Wholesale Price Index (WPI) fell to a near three-year low of (5) 0.92 per cent in April, slipping into negative territory for the first time in 33 months.
Wholesale Price Index (WPI)
- Released on May, 15th, 2023
- Released by – Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- For the Month of April, 2023 (Over April, 2022)
- Base Year: 2011-12
- Wholesale Price Index (WPI) is (-) 0.92% in April, 2023
|About WPI inflation
- Wholesale Price Index (WPI) represents the price of goods at a wholesale stage i.e. goods that are sold in bulk and traded between organizations instead of consumers.
- In April 2017, the government revised the base year for WPI from 2004-05 to 2011-12.
- WPI is released by the Office of Economic Advisor in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.