Skip to content
24th World Population Prospects, 2022
- Released on: July 11, 2022 (World Population Day)
- Released by: Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division, United Nations
- The world’s population is projected to reach 8 billion on 15 November 2022, and India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country in 2023.
- On November 15, 2022 United Nations Celebrated “Day of 8 Billion”, as the 8th billion child came into existence.
- World population reached to 7 billion in 2011. It will take approximately 15 years until 2037 – for it to reach 9 billion.
- Global fertility is projected to decline further to 2.1 births per woman by 2050.
- India is projected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country during 2023.