The 50 meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) was held, where Seven projects worth around Rs. 692 crore were approved.
- Meeting Held- on 1 August 2023
- Meeting Chaired by- DG, NMCG, Shri G. Asok Kumar
- Out of the seven projects, four pertain to sewage. management in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- These include creation of a 100 Million Liters per Day (MLD) STP in Lucknow along with Interception and Diversion (1&D) works under Hybrid Annuity Mode (HAM).
- Another project for I&D of balance discharge of Dariyabad Pipalghat and Dariyabad Kakahraghat drains and construction of a 50 MLD STP in Prayagraj was approved.
- Two STPs (5 and 7 MLDs) at an estimated cost of Rs. 74.64 crore for tapping of Pipra ghat drain and Chhatiya ghat drain respectively along with I&D works was also approved in the 50 EC meeting for Raxaul town in Bihar.
- This project will abate pollution in Sirsiya River that originates in Nepal and enters Bihar at Raxaul in East Champaran district.