Global DPI (Digital Public Infrastructure) Summit and Exhibition was organized recently on the sidelines of third meeting of G20 Digital Economy Working Group (DEWG).
About the Summit
- Organised on: June 12-13, 2023
- Organised at: Pune, Maharashtra
- Organised by: Government of India
What is G20 DEWG?
- The DEWG, originally called DETF, was formed in 2017 as part of the German G20 presidency with the aim of promoting the implementation of a secure, interconnected, and inclusive digital economy.
- It plays a critical role in shaping global policy discourse in the digital space.
What is DPI?
- Digital Public Infrastructure (DPI) encompasses essential blocks or platforms such as digital identification, payment infrastructure, and data ex- change solutions.
- DPI facilitates the delivery of vital services to citizens, promoting digital inclusion and improving lives.
- India, through its India Stack initiative, became the first country to develop all three foundational DPIs: digital identity (Aadhar), real-time fast payment (UPI), and Account Aggregator built on the Data Empowerment Protection Architecture (DEPA).
- During the summit, India signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with four countries namely Armenia, Sierra Leone, Suriname and Antigua and Barbuda on sharing INDIA STACK i.c. successful digital solutions implemented at population scale.