The Business 20 (B20) inception meeting was held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat as part of the G20.
- Union ministers Piyush Goyal and Ashwini Vaishnaw, Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel, India’s Sherpa for the G20, Amitabh Kant, Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran, and a host of national and international business leaders attend the inaugural meeting
- Organized In– Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Organized from-January 22-24, 2023
- B20 Theme -The theme for the B20 India is R.A.I.S.E. This stands for Responsible, Accelerated, Innovative, Sustainable, Equitable Businesses.
Key Highlights of Meeting
- B20 India will operate through Task Forces and Action Councils in streamlining the B20 strategie vision and translating it into policy deliverables on key topics of the global economic agenda.
- The Business 20 (B20) is the official G20 dialogue forum with the global business community: Established in 2010, B20 is among the most prominent Engagement Groups in G20, with, companies and business organizations as participants.
- Each year, the G20 Presidency appoints a B20 Chair (an eminent business leader from the G20 host country), who is supported by a B20 Sherpa 10 and the B20 secretariat.