India has jumped 6 places and ranked 38 out of 139 countries in the 7th edition of World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index 2023. Singapore, Finland and Denmark are the top countries in the ranking
Logistics Performance Index, 2023
- Released on: April 21, 2023
- Title: ‘Connecting to Compete 2023 Trade Logistics in an Uncertain Global Economy
- India’s rank: 38 out of 139 countries
- Top rank: Singapore
- Singapore, Finland and Denmark are the top countries in the ranking
- Libya (1.9) Afghanistan (1.9) and Somalia (2.0)
are the bottom countries.
- India has climbed six places on the World Bank’s Logistic Performance Index (LPI) 2023, now ranking 38th in the 139 countries index, as a result of significant investments in both soft and hard infrastructure as well as technology.
- India was ranked 44th on the index in 2018.India’s performance has drastically improved from 2014, when it was ranked 54th on the L.PI.
- According to the report, India’s rank moved up
- Five places in infrastructure score from 52nd in 2018 to 47th in 2023.
- It climbed to the 22nd spot for international shipments in 2023 from 44th in 2018
- moved four places up to 48th in logistics competence and equality.
- In timelines, India witnessed a 17-place jump in rankings.
- whereas it moved up three places in rank in tracking and tracing to 38th.