Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 11, 2022, unveiled the ‘Statue of Prosperity’ on the premises of the Bengaluru International Airport. On this occasion Prime Minister also flagged off the Chennai-Mysore Vande Bharat Express at Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna (KSR) railway station. He also flagged Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan Train at KSR railway station in Bengaluru.
About the Statue
- The ‘Statue of Prosperity’ is 108-feet tall bronze statue of Bengaluru founder Nadaprabhu Kempegowda.
- It is made with 98 tonnes of bronze and 120 tonnes of steel.
- The statue was conceptualized and sculpted by Ram V Sutar, who also curated the Statue of Unity.
|About Nadaprabhu Kempegowda
- He was a chieftain under the Vijayanagara Em- pire.
- The capital of Karnataka, Bengaluru, was forti- fied by Kempe Gowda