1. In which of the following provinces Indian National Congress not obtained a full majority in provincial legislature elections held in 1937?
(a) Central Province
[U.P P.C.S. (Pre) 1992]
2. The Provincial Governments were constituted under the Act of-
[53rd to 55th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2011]
3. In which of the following States Congress did not win an absolute majority in the elections for the Legislative Assemblies that were held under the 1935 Act?
[U.P.P.C.S. (Spl) (Mains) 2004]
4. The province where the Indian National Congress could not get an absolute majority during the general election of 1937 was –
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2004]
Ans. (A&B) Bombay & Assam
5. In the 1937 elections, Congress secured a clear majority in the State numbering.
[R.A.S./R.T.S. (Pre) 1996]
6. Which of the following elections of the Central Legislative Assembly was/were held under the Government of India Act, 1919:
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
(a) (A) only
(b) (B) and (C)
(c) (A) and (C)
(d) (A), (B) and (C)
[R.A.S./R.T.S. (Pre) 2018]
7. In which year the last election of the Indian Legislature under the Government of India Act, of 1919 was held?
[M.P.P.C.S. (Pre.) 2020]
8. Consider the following provinces of British India and identify those where the Indian National Congress did not form a ministry in 1937.
Select the correct answer from the code given below:
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 3 and 4
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1 and 4
[U.P.R.O./A.R.O. (Pre) 2016]
9. The provinces where the Indian National Congress did not form its ministry after the general elections of 1937 were:
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2008, U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2004, U.P. P.C.S. (Mains) 2003]
10. In which one of the following provinces was the Congress ministry not formed under the Act of 1935?
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2005]
11. In how many provinces was the Congress ministry formed in the election of the year 1937?
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2015]
12. The Tenure of the Congress ministries formed in the elections of 1937 after the Act of 1935 were:
(a) 20 Months
(b) 22 Months
(c) 24 Months
(d) 28 Months
[U.P. P.C.S. (Mains) 2010]
13. After the formation of ministries in the province in 1937, Congress rule lasted for:
(a) 28 months
(b) 29 months
(c) 30 months
(d) 31 months
[U.P. P.C.S. (Pre) 2013, U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2013]
14. The Muslim League celebrated the day of Deliverance in :
[R.A.S./R.T.S. (Pre) 1999]
15. In which working Committee did Congress adopt the policy of abolishing land ownership?
(a) Working Committee, 1937
(b) Working Committee, 1942
(c) Working Committee, 1945
(d) Working Committee, 1946
[39th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 1994]
Ans. (a) Working Committee, 1937
16. Who of the following was entrusted with a finance portfolio in the ministry formed in the U.P. after the election of 1937?
(a) Govind Ballabh Pant
(b) Rafi Ahmad Kidwai
(c) Kailash Nath Katju
(d) Mohammad Ibrahim
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2012]
Ans. (b) Rafi Ahmad Kidwai
17. Consider the following reports connected with Muslim grievances in the Congress-administered provinces:
1. Pirpur Report
2. Shareef Report
3. Muslim sufferings under Congress rule.
Select the correct chronological order of the reports from the code given below:
(a) 1, 2, 3
(b) 2, 1, 3
(c) 3, 1, 2
(d) 1, 3, 2
[U.P. Lower Sub. (Pre) 2013]