1. Which one of the following first mooted the idea of a Constituent Assembly to frame a Constitution for India?
(a) Swaraj Party in 1935
(b) Congress Party in 1936
(c) Muslims League in 1942
(d) All Parties Conference in 1946
[U.P.U.D.A./L.D.A. (Pre) 2001]
Ans. (b) Congress Party in 1936
2. The Constituent Assembly that framed India’s constitution was set up –
(a) Under the Indian Independence Act
(b) Under the Government of India Act, 1935
(c) By the Queen’s Proclamation
(d) Under the Cabinet Mission Plan
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2008, U.P.P.C.S. (Spl) (Mains) 2004]
Ans. (d) Under the Cabinet Mission Plan
3. Which one of the following gave the idea of the Constituent Assembly for India?
(a) Simon Commission
(b) Rajaji Formula
(c) Cabinet Mission Plan
(d) Wavell Plan
[U.P. U.D.A./L.D.A. (Pre) 2010]
Ans. (c) Cabinet Mission Plan
4. Under the Cabinet Mission Plan, the total number of seats allotted to each province in the Constituent Assembly was roughly in the ratio of one representative to the population of –
(a) 8 lakh persons
(b) 10 lakh persons
(c) 11 lakh persons
(d) 12 lakh persons
[U.P.U.D.A./L.D.A. (Pre) 2002, U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2001]
5. The first session of the Constituent Assembly was held on :
(a) 16th August 1947
(b) 26th January 1948
(c) 9th December 1946
(d) 26th November 1946
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2009]
Ans. (c) 9th December 1946
6. Who among the following was the President of the Indian Constituent Assembly?
(a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(b) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Sardar Patel
(d) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
[U.P.R.O./A.R.O. (Pre) 2014]
Ans. (a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
7. The first President of the Sovereign Constituent Assembly for the Dominion of India was –
(a) C. Rajagopalachari
(b) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(c) Rajendra Prasad
(d) Sachchidananda Sinha
[U.P.P.S.C. (GIC) 2010]
8. Which one of the following statements is correct?
(a) The Constituent Assembly of India was elected by the Provincial Assemblies in the year 1946.
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru, M.A. Jinnah, and Sardar Vallabbhai Patel were members of the Constituent Assembly of India.
(c) The first session of the Constituent Assembly of India was held in January 1947.
(d) The Constitution of India was adopted on 26th January 1950.
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2004]
Ans. (a) The Constituent Assembly of India was elected by the Provincial Assemblies in the year 1946.
9. Sachchidananda Sinha was associated with :
(a) Quit India Movement
(b) Dandi March
(c) Civil Disobedience Movement
(d) None of these
[44th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2000]
Ans. (a) Quit India Movement
10. Who among the following held the Office of Speaker in the Central Legislative Assembly of the British era and the Parliament of Free India?
(a) Sir Abdur Rahim
(b) G.V. Mavlankar
(c) Ananat Shayanam Ayanger
(d) Vitthal Bhai Patel
[M.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2010]