|Justice Prakash Shrivastava
||Appointed as NGT chairperson
||Declared as National Icon of ECI
||Declared ‘National Icon’ of ECI
||Appointed as Corporate Vice President of Microsoft India and South Asia
||given a one-year extension to Cabinet Secretary
||Deputy CEO of the United States International Development Finance Corporation
||Appointed as Chairperson and MD of Power Finance Corporation (first woman)
||Assumed the chairship of the 62nd Session of the Commission for Social Development
||Second longest-serving Chief Minister in India (First – Pawan Kumar Chamling, the former CM of Sikkim)
||Former Kerala Chief Minister passed away
||Wins UK PM’s Points Of Light Award
||Chairperson of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)
||National Cyber Security Coordinator
|| Solicitor General of India
||Special Director in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
|Rajindhar Singh Dhatt
||Points of Light award by UK PM
||Director of the UN’s Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) in Vienna
||president of BRICS CCI WE
||Chairman of GIFT City Ltd
||member of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) High-level Advisory Group on Digital Technology for Development
|Dr. Kamala Sohoni
- first woman to be inducted into the Indian Institute of Science
- first Indian woman to get a Ph.D in a scientific discipline
||CEO of UIDAI
||Director-General of the Geological Survey of India
||14th President of the World Bank
|Girish Chandra Murmu
||Comptroller and Auditor General of India has been re-elected as the External Auditor of the World Health Organization (WHO)
||brand ambassador for Tripura Tourism.
- only Indian member of President’s Advisory Committee for the COP-28 to the UNFCCC hosted by UAE
- Domestic Policy Advisor of US President
- Goodwill Ambassador for Special Olympics Bharat
- National Ambassador of UNICEE
Dr. Abdulla Al Mandous
- He is a meteorologist of United Arab Emirates (UAE) elected as the new President of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) for a four-year term from 2023 to 2027. (June, 2023)
Geeta Rao Gupta
- US Senate confirmed President Biden’s nominee for Ambassador at Large for Global Women’s Issues at the Department of State. (May 10, 2023)
Pratima Bhullar Maldonado
- Born in Punjab (India) she made history whom se was choosen as New York Police Department (NYPD) first female South Asian Captain. (May, 2023)
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has named her, a Punjab cadre IAS officer of 1988 batch, as chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI). (May 16, 2023)
- She became first woman to head the country’s chief national competition regulator.
- She became the first Arab woman astronaut to go into space. (May 21, 2023) She is part of a team which has travelled to the ISS in a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral in the southern state of Florida.
- Papua New Guinea Governor-General Sir Bob Dadae conferred the Companion of the order of Logohu to PM Modi for championing the cause of unity of Pacific Island countries and spearheading the cause of Global South. (May, 2023)
- He has been conferred with the highest honour of Fiji, the Companion of the Order of Fiji by by Sitiveni Rabuka, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Fiji.
- Mohammad Shahabuddin Chuppu, a former judge and freedom fighter, takes Oath as Bangladesh’s 22nd President. (April, 2023)
- He replaces President Mohammad Abdul Hamid.
Parkash Singh Badal
- Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) patriarch and five-time former Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal passed away at the age of 95. (25 April, 2023).
- Noted Indian-American Statistician Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao has been awarded the 2023 International Prize in Statistics, often referred to as the Nobel prize of statistics. (April, 2023)
Shah Rukh Khan tops 2023 TIME100 reader poll
- In April, 2023, Shah Rukh Khan has secured the top position in Time Magazine’s poll for its annual TIME100 list.
- As per report, over 1.2 million votes were cast in the poll with Shah Rukh receiving 4%.
5 Indian-origin women feature in ‘100 Most
- In April, 2023, Five Indian-origin women executives have made it to Barron’s prestigious annual ‘100 Most Influential Women in US Finance’ list.
- Indian-origin Anu Aiyengar from JP Morgan, Ariel Investment’s Rupal J. Bhansali, Sonal Desai of Franklin Templeton, Goldman Sach’sMeena Flynn and Savita Subramanian from Bank of America.
Manuela Roka Botey
- Equatorial Guinea has appointed Manuela Roka Botey as Prime Minister (first women) on January 31, 2023.
President of India appoints Six new governors, reshuffles Seven others
- In February, 2023, the Rashtrapati Bhavan announced the appointments of governors to 12 states and the Lieutenant Governor of the Union Territory of Ladakh (February 12, 2023).
Six new Governors
- Lt. General Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik (Arunachal Pradesh)
- Lakshman Prasad Acharya (Sikkim)
- C.P. Radhakrishnan (Jharkhand)
- Shiv Pratap Shukla (Himachal Pradesh)
- Gulab Chand Kataria (Assam)
- Justice (Retd.) S. Abdul Nazeer (Andhra Pradesh)
- Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar (Bihar)
- Brig. (Dr.) Shri B.D. Mishra (Retd.) (Lt. governor of Ladakh)
Salhoutuonuo Kruse and Hekani Jakhalu
- Nagaland have elected two women candidates after 60 years since it attained statehood (March 2, 2023).
- Salhoutuonuo Kruse and Hekani Jakhalu, both from the ruling Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party.
- Tejal Mehta, an Indian-American woman judge, has taken oath as the first justice of a district court in the US state of Massachusetts (March, 2023).
Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani was appointed as the new Prime Minister of Qatar (March, 2023).
Group Captain Shaliza Dhami
- The Indian Air Force has selected Group Captain Shaliza Dhami to take over command of a frontline combat unit in the Western sector (March 7, 2023).
- She is the first woman to command any combat unit of IAF.
- Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh has become the most valued celebrity for endorsements in 2022, with a brand value of $181.7 million (Rs 1500 crore).
Colonel Geeta Rana
- Colonel Geeta Rana has become the first woman officer to take over command of an independent field workshop in the Eastern Ladakh sector with China (March 2023).
- Indian-American woman Aruna Miller has became the first immigrant to hold the office of Lieutenant Governor in Maryland, Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. (18 January, 2023)
Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi
- Retired Karnataka High Court Chief Justice Rituraj Awasthi has been appointed as the chairperson of the 22 Law Commission of India (November, 2022).
- Switzerland Tourism has appointed Olympic Gold medalist Neeraj Chopra as the ‘Friendship Ambassador’ (November, 2022).
- New Zealand’s Greg Barclay unanimously re-elected as the International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman for another two-year term (12 November, 2022).
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Secretary Jay Shah was elected as the head of ICC’s all powerful Finance and Commercial Affairs (F&CA) committee at the board meeting
Natasa Pirc Musar
- Natasa Pirc Musar becomes the first female President of Slovenia. (23 December, 2022).
- Natasa Pirc Musar (First Female President), won the second round of Slovenia’s Presidential elections.
Justice DY Chandrachud
- He took oath as 50 Chief Justice of India on November 9, 2022.
- He is the 50 Chief Justice of India.
- He was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court in 2013.
- Aparajita Sarangi has been elected as a member to the executive committee of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU). (October, 2022)
- She is a Lok Sabha member from Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Veteran Karnataka leader Mallikarjun Kharge become the first non-Gandhi Congress President in 24 years and the first Scheduled Caste chief of the grand old organization in four decades. (October, 2022)
Anna May Wong
- Anna May Wong set to become first Asian American to feature on US currency. (October, 2022)
- She was first Asian American Hollywood actress.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping re-elected for an unprecedented third term in power with the prospect of ruling China for life. (October, 2022)
- He has created history, becoming the first leader of the ruling Communist Party after party founder Mao Zedong to get an unprecedented third term in power.
- Shefali Juneja has been elected as the chairperson of the United Nations’ specialized aviation agency Air Transport Committee (ATC).
Lt Gen Anil Chauhan
- The government of India has announced the appointment of Lt General Anil Chauhan (Retired) as the 2nd Chief of Defence Staff (CDS). (September, 2022)
Mohammed bin Salman
- Saudi Arabia’s powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has been appointed as prime minister by a royal decree. (September, 2022)
- Senior advocate R Venkataramani has been appointed as the new Attorney General of India. Mr. Venkataramani replaced Attorney General K.K. Venugopal (October, 2022).
- President Vladimir Putin has granted Russian citizenship to former US. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden. (September, 2022)
- Kalyan Chaubey was elected as president of the All India Football Federation (2 September, 2022).
- He become first ex-player to hold the top office of India’s football governing body.
- The United Nations (UN) General Assembly approved Volker Türk of Austria to be the global body’s Human Rights Chief by UN Secretary- General Antonio Guterres. (September, 2022)
Alkesh Kumar Sharma
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has nominated India’s Electronics and Information Technology Secretary, Alkesh Kumar Sharma to Internet Governance Leadership Panel (August, 2022)
Samir V Kamat
- Distinguished scientist Samir V Kamat was appointed as Secretary of the Department of Defence Research and Development and Chairman of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). (26 August, 2022)
- He took charge of Executive Direction (India) at the IMF (1 November, 2022)
- He was former Chief Economic Adviser Government of India.
- He become prime minister of Thailand. (22 August, 2023)
- She has become Cambodia’s parliament first woman president(August, 2023)
- Jim Skea of the United Kingdom is the newly electedChair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). (July 26, 2023).
- He has joined the board of directors of the US- India Strategic and Partnership Forum(USISPF). (June, 2023)
- He is a veteran diplomat from Trinidada and Tobogo who is elected as President of the Seventy-Eighth Session of the United Nations General Assembly (September 2023 to September 2024)
- He was elected as president of Latvia.(31 May, 2023)
- He is first openly gay head of state in the European Union.
|Other Important Personalities (International)
Shavkat Mirziyoyev: He was re-elected as Uzbekistan’s President with 87.1% of the vote July 9, 2023).
Michael Rosen: He is a British children’s writer won PEN Pinter Prize 2023. (June, 2023)
Salman Rushdie: The Peace Prize of the German Book Trade for 2023 has been awarded to British-American author Salman Rushdie. (June, 2023)
Kairan Quazi: Bangladeshi-American software engineer becomes youngest software developer at SpaceX at the age of just 14. (June 2023)
Fathi Bashagha: Libyan parliament suspended him as prime minister of Sirte-based government. (16 May, 2023)
Apsara Iyer: In February, 2023, a second year Indian-American student at Harvard Law School has been elected president of the prestigious Harvard Law Review.
Mohammad Shahabuddin Mohammad Shahabuddin became President of Bangladesh (April, 2023).
Bola Tinubu: Bola Tinubu has been elected as the President of Nigeria (March 1, 2023).
Vo Van Thuong : Vietnam has chosen a new president after an anti-corruption drive and power struggle within its leadership (March 1, 2023).
Ram Chandra Poudel: Ram Chandra Poudel of Nepali Congress sworn as the third President of Nepal (March 13, 2023).
|Other Important Personalities (National)
- Justice Subhasis Talapatra: He sworn in as 33rd Chief Justice of Orissa High Court. (7 August, 2023)
- Sanjay Kumar Agarwal: IRS officer Sanjay Kumar Agarwal has taken charge as the Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC). (5 August, 2023)
- Amit Jhingran: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India approved the appointment of Amit Jhingran as managing director and chief executive officer. (7 August, 2023)
- R. Doraiswamy: The government had appointed him as the managing director of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC). (August, 2023)
- Kamlesh Varshney and Amarjeet Singh The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Kamlesh Varshney and Amarjeet Singh as SEBI Whole-Time Members. (August, 2023)
- Justice Devendra Kumar Upadhyaya: He was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court at Raj Bhavan Mumbai (July 29, 2023).
- Justice Alok Aradhe: He was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court at Raj Bhavan (July 23, 2023).
- Rakesh Pal: D.G. Rakesh Pal has been appointed as the 25th Director General of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) (July 19, 2023).
- Vijay Sampla: He has resigned as chairperson of National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) (July 18, 2023). He was appointed to head the NCSC in 2021.
- Rajay Kumar Sinha: He has taken charge of SBI Capital Markets Limited (SBICAPS) (July 14, 2023).
- B.R. Sharma: He sworn in as the State Election Commissioner of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir at Raj Bhawan, Srinagar (July 20, 2023).
- Abhijit Chakravorty: SBI Cards & Payment Services (SBI Card), the country’s largest pure-play credit card issuer, has appointed him as MD & CEO (August 12, 2023).
- Harsh Chouhan: National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST) chairman and a social rights activist has resigned from his post (June 26, 2023)
- T.S. Singh Deo : Governor Biswabhusan Hari Chandan has appointed T.S. Singh Deo as deputy Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh.
- Rohit Jawa: He has appointed Managing Director & CEO of Hindustan Unilever and a member of the Unilever Leadership Executive. (June 2023)
- Colonel Shuchita Shekhar: She becomes 1st woman to command Communication Zone Mechanical Transport Battalion. (June, 2023)
- Rashmika Mandanna: The popular Indian film actress, has been announced as the brand ambassador for Epson India, a world leader in digital and printing solutions.(June 2023)
- Pieter Elbers: IndiGo, India’s preferred carrier, has announce that its CEO, Pieter Elbers has been elected as the chair-elect of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Board of Governors.. (June 2023)
- Subodh Kumar Singh: He is appointed as the Director-general of the National Testing Agency (DG NTA). (June, 2023)
- Rajesh Kumar Anand: Air Marshal Rajesh Kumar Anand, Vishisht Seva Medal took over as Air Officer-in-Charge Administration (AOA) (June, 2023).
- Amarendu Prakash: He has taken charge as the new Chairman and Managing Director of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) (31 May 2023).
- R. Dinesh: The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has elected him as its President for year 2023- 24.(25 May, 2023)
- Hari Budha Magar: Former soldier in the Gurkha regiment, set out to be the first double above-the-knee amputee to successfully climb Mount Everest.(May,2023)
- Polavarapu Mallikharjuna Prasad : He has been recommended by the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PSEB) to head Coal India (CIL) (May, 2023)
- Ajay Vij: Accenture appoints him Country Managing Director in India. (5 May, 2023)
- Karthik Balagopalan : Puma appoints him as new MD for India. (August 1, 2023)
- Alia Bhatt : She is appointed as first Indian Global Ambassador of Gucci. (May, 2023)
- Manoj Soni: He took oath as the chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). (May 16, 2023)
- Anil Kumar Jain: The government has appointed former Coal Secretary as the chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB). (May, 2023)
- Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh: Vice Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh, AVSM, NM assumed the appointment of the Vice Chief of Naval Staff. (1 April, 2023)
- Virat Kohli:HSBC India announced him as their Brand Influencer. (19th April, 2023)
- Rohit Sharma: India captain Rohit Sharma was announced as Jio Cinema’s brand ambassador (April, 2023).
- Siddhartha Mohanty: The government of India has appointed Siddhartha Mohanty as the Chairperson of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) till June 29, 2024. (April, 2023).
- Kalikesh Singh Deo : Senior vice-president Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deois appointed as president of National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) (April, 2023).
- Dr. Nitya Abraham: In April, 2023, Dr. Nitya Abraham, an Indian-American physician and professor has been honoured with the Young Urologist of the Year Award.
- Shamika Ravi: In February, 2023, Economics Professor and Researcher Shamika Ravi has been appointed as a member of the Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister (EAC-PM).
- B.V.R. Subrahmanyam : Former IAS officer B.V.R. Subrahmanyam was appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of Niti Aayog (February) 25, 2023).
- Rajeev Raghuvanshi : The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet appointed Rajeev Raghuvanshi as the new Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) (February 22, 2023).
- Rashmi Shukla : Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Rashmi Shukla has been appointed as the Director-General of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) (March 2, 2023).
- S.S. Dubey: S.S. Dubey took charge as the 28th Controller General of Accounts (CGA) (March 6, 2023).
- Neiphiu Rio: NDPP leader Neiphiu Rio took oath as the Chief Minister of Nagaland for the fifth term (March 7, 2023).
- Arvind Virmani : Former Chief Economic Advisor, Arvind Virmani has been appointed as a full time member of NITI Aayog (16 November, 2022).
- Namdeo Dhondo Mahanor: Noted litterateur and Padma Shri awardee known as Maharashtra’s ‘nature poet’, passed away at the age of 80. (August 3,2023)
- M.R. Satyanarayana Rao: Padma Shri awardee and former President of Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR passed away in Bengaluru at the age of 75. (August 13, 2023)
- Dr. Mangala Narlikar : Noted mathematician and scientist wife of renowned astrophysicist Dr. Jayant Narlikar, passed away at age of 80. (July 17, 2023)
- Salim Durani: Born in Kabul, Afghanistan former India all-rounder Salim Durani has died at the age of 88. (2 April, 2023)
- Keshub Mahindra : Keshub Mahindra, a doyen of Indian industry and Chairman Emeritus of Mahindra & Mahindra, passed away. (April, 2023).
- Alan Wolf Arkin: He was an American actor, director, musician and singer died at the age of 89 (June 29, 2023). He won an Oscar for playing a heroin-using grandfather in the 2006 film “Little Miss Sunshine,”
- John Bannister Goodenough: He was an American the co-inventor of lithium-ion batteries and the co-winner of the 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, passed away at the age of 100. Goodenough also played a significant role in the development of Random Access Memory (RAM) for computers.
- Gufi Paintal: He who became a household name back in the 1980s with his role of Shakuni Mama in BR Chopra’s epic show Mahabharat, died at the age of 79. He was an actor, casting director, assistant director, production manager and director.
- Jurist Shanti Bhushan: The Former Union law minister and eminent jurist Shanti Bhushan, passed away at the age of 97 (January 31, 2023).
- K. Viswanath: Legendary film director K. Vishwanath passed away in Hyderabad (February 2,2023).
- Om Prakash Kohli : Former Gujarat governor and veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Om Prakash Kohli passed away (February 20, 2023).
- Kanak Rele: Classical dance legend Kanak Rele passed away (February 22, 2023). The Mohiniyattam exponent in 2022 had released the book-Me and My Mohini Attam.
- A.M. Ahmadi: Former Chief Justice of India A.M. Ahmadi passed away (March 2, 2023). He was the 26th Chief Justice of India (from 1994 to 1997).
- Krishnakumar Kunnath (KK): Noted Bollywood singer KK (Krishnakumar Kunnath) who mesmerized music lovers for over three decades is dead (31 May, 2022)
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala : Veteran stock market investor, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passed away at the age of 62 (August, 2022). Often referred to as ‘India’s Warren Buffett’ and the ‘Big Bull’ of Indian share markets.
- William Friedkin: He, who won the best director Oscar for “The French Connection,” died in Los Angeles at the age of 87.(7 August, 2023)
- Tarek Fatah: Pakistani-Canadian journalist Tarek Fatah, a self-described “Midnight’s Child”, born on November 20, 1949 in Karachi, died at the age of 73. (April, 2023)
- Pervez Musharraf : Pakistan’s former president General Pervez Musharraf, who seized power in a coup in 1999, has died in Dubai (February 5, 2023). He was president of Pakistan between 2001 and 2008.
- Lucile Randon: The world’s oldest known person, French nun Lucile Randon died on January 17, 2023. Living to the age of 118 years and 340 days, she had been the world’s oldest verified living person since 19 April 2022.
- Burt Bacharach: Legendary American pop composer, songwriter, and pianist, Burt Bacharach, passed away in Los Angeles (February 8, 2023).