Recently, NASA announced that its telescope James Webb has discovered water on Comet Read.
About the Discovery
- Water Discovered On: Comet 238P/Read
- Discovered By: NASA
- Discovered Using: Webb’s NIRSpec (Near-Infrared Spectrograph) instrument
- Discovery Announced On: May 15, 2023
- Astronomers have confirmed specifically water vapor- around a comet in the main asteroid belt for the first time using Webb’s NIRSpec (Near-Infrared Spectrograph) instrument.
- This is located between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter and the majority of asteroids are found here.