Skip to content
Internet In India Report, 2022
- Published on– May 3, 2023
- Prepared by Jointly Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and KANTAR
- 52 percent of Indians, ie. 759 Million, are ‘active’ internet users, accessing the internet at least once a month.
- By 2025 the number is expected to grow to 900 Mn.
- As per report, out of 759 million ‘active’ internet users in India for 2022, 399 million are from rural India, while 360 million are from urban India, indicating that rural India continues to drive the growth of the internet in the country.
- Urban India, with approximately 71% internet penetration witnessed only 6% growth, with much of the overall gain in numbers coming from rural India which witnessed 14% growth rate over the past one year.
- It is estimated that 56% of all new internet users in India will be from Rural India by 2025.
- Digital Payments has witnessed 13% growth over 2021 to reach an estimated 338 million users, of which 36% are from Rural India.
- 99% of all digital payment users are UPI users.