Recently, State-owned power generator NTPC Ltd. has commissioned the country’s first green hydrogen blending project in Surat, Gujarat.
About India’s first green hydrogen blending operation
- Started on January 4, 2023
- The project is a joint effort of NTPC and Gujarat Gas Limited (GGL).
- The foundation stone was laid by the Prime Minister of India on 30th July 2022.
- Green hydrogen in Kawas (in Surat) is made by electrolysis of water using power from already installed 1 MW floating solar project.
- This feat has been achieved only by few countries like the UK, Germany, and Australia.
|About National Thermal Power Corporation) Limited (NTPC):
- NTPC is India’s largest power utility with an installed capacity of 71,594 MW (including JVs), plans to become a 130 GW company by 2032.
- It was established in 1975.