1. The purpose of the Butler Committee, 1927:
(a) Modernization of the Indian Army
(b) Innovative modernization of Indian Agriculture.
(c) Implementation of Sensors over National Newspapers.
(d) Improvement of relationships between Indian Provinces and the Crown.
[46th B.P.C.S. (Pre) 2004]
Ans. (d) Improvement of relationships between Indian Provinces and the Crown
2. All India State Peoples Conference was set up –
(a) in 1924
(b) in 1926
(c) in 1927
(d) in 1929
[40th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 1995]
3. Who among the following was the President of the All India States Peoples Conference in 1939?
(a) Jaya Prakash Narayan
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Sheikh Abdullah
(d) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2001]
Ans. (b) Jawaharlal Nehru
4. Most of the integration of princely states in the Union of India had taken place in which year?
[U.P. P.C.S. (Pre) 1990]
5. Integration of States was done under the leadership of:
(a) Maulana Azad
(b) Govind Ballabh Pant
(c) B. R. Ambedkar
(d) Sardar Patel
[Uttarakhand P.C.S. (Mains) 2002]
6. Which three Indian States delayed accession to India even after other princely states had joined India?
(a) Junagarh, Mysore, Jammu and Kashmir
(b) Junagarh, Hyderabad, Jammu and Kashmir
(c) Udaipur, Kapurthala, Jammu and Kashmir
(d) Hyderabad, Udaipur, Travancore
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 1998]
Ans. (b) Junagarh, Hyderabad, Jammu and Kashmir
7. Jammu and Kashmir became an integral part of India on-
(a) 26th October 1948
(b) 26th November 1948
(c) 26th October 1947
(d) None of these
[M.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 2008]
Ans. (c) 26th October 1947
8. At the time of the Partition of India, one of the following provinces of British India came forward with a plan for a United and Independent existence.
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2000]
9. Which one of the following native States was a party to the ‘Stand-Still’ Agreement:
(b) Jammu and Kashmir
[U.P.P.C.S. (Pre) 1997]