- PM Narendra Modi paid three days (21-23 June, 2023) official State Visit to USA, this was PM’s first ‘state visit’ to USA.
- On June 21, 2023 the visit began in New York, where the Indian PM led the celebrations of International Yoga Day 2023 at the United Nations.
MoUs and Agreements singed between Inia & USA
- MoU between GE and HAL for manufacturing GE-F414 jet engines in India (with 80% technology transfer) to be used in Tejas Mk2
- Purchase of 16 armed MQ-9B Sea Guardian UAVS
- US chip maker Micron will invest $825 million to build chip assembly and test facility in Gujarat.
- A pilot program will be launched to renew visas domestically for some petition-based temporary workers.
- The US Department of Energy and the Department of Atomic Energy of India agreed to facilitate opportunities for Westinghouse Electric Company to develop a techno-commercial proposal for the Kovvada Nuclear Power Project in Andhra Pradesh.
- A deal was signed for 31 MQ9B Predator drones. India has signed a deal to procure General Atomics MQ-9B HALE UAVs, which will be assembled in India.
- The US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Indian Railways announced a MoU to combat climate change and achieve the Indian Railways’ goal of net-zero carbon emissions by 2030.
- Two joint task forces were launched by both countries on advanced telecommunications focused on research and development in Open RAN and 5G/6G technologies.
- India signing the Artemis Accords for lunar and space exploration. (Artemis program, an American-led effort to return humans to the Moon by 2025)
- Strategic Framework for human spaceflight cooperation by 2023 end
- NASA and ISRO have agreed to launch a joint mission to International Space Station in 2024
- On June 22, 2023 PM Narendra Modi addressed a joint session of the US Congress.
India-US Bilateral Relations Economic Relations
- In 2022-23, bilateral trade between India and the USA stood at a record USS 191 billion.
- USA has emerged as India’s biggest trading partner in 2022-23 on account of increasing economic ties between the two countries.
- In FY 2020-21, India received the highest ever FDI amounting to US$ 81.72 billion.
Defence agreements signed by India and USA
- Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Association (2016)
- Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (2018)
- Industrial Security Agreement (2019)
- Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (2020)