The Global Hunger Index (GHI) is an annual publication that was started in 2006. According to GHI 2022, India has a score of 29.1 and hence falls under the “serious” category.
Global Hunger Index, 2022
- Published in: October, 2022
- Published Jointly by: Concern Worldwide and Welthungerhilfe.
- India is ranked: 107 out of 121 countries. ➡ India was ranked 101st position in 2021
- India’s Neighbours: Sri Lanka (64), Nepal (81). Bangladesh (84) Pakistan (99), and Afghanistan (109)
- Top Rank countries: Collectively ranked between 1 and 17 having a score of less than five. Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Chile, China, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Türkiye, Uruguay
- Worst Ranks: 121″- Yemen, 120-Central African Republic, 119th- Madagascar
- GHI based on: Four indicators-Child stunting, Undernourishment, Child wasting and Child mortality