National Institution for Transforming India (N Aayog has released the 3 edition of the report titled “Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2022 for States/UTs of India.
About Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2022
- Released on July 17, 2023
- Released by- NITI AAYOG
- Report prepared by- NITI Aayog in association with the Institute for Competitiveness
Export Preparedness Index Framework
- The EPI 2022 Report evaluates the performance of the states across four pillars Policy, Business Ecosystem, Export Ecosystem, and Export Performance.
- Tamil Nadu has been ranked first State in Export Preparedness Index (EPI) for 2022.
- It is followed by Maharashtra and Karnataka.
- Among hilly/Himalayan states, Uttarakhand has ranked at the top position.
- It is followed by Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura and Sikkim.
- Haryana ranked first among the landlocked regions.
- It was followed by Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
- In the category of Union Territories/small states, Goa was ranked first.
- Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar and Ladakh were ranked second, third, fourth and fifth, respectively.
India’s Export Trends
- Despite global slowdown, India’s exports in 2021- 22, crossed an unprecedented US $675 billion, with trade in goods accounting for US$420 billion.
- The value of merchandise exports crossed USS 400 billion in FY2022, an ambitious goal set by the government, reaching up to US$ 422 billion by March 2022.
- In 2021-22, Indian export of services recorded its highest value at US$ 254.4 billion, registering a 23 percent growth over 2020-21.