हिंदी में पढ़ें
1. Who won the title of Women’s Hockey Asian Champions Trophy? – India
- Indian women’s hockey team has won the Women’s Asian Champions Trophy title by defeating Japan in Ranchi.
- Earlier, India had won this title in Singapore in 2016, while Japan had won this title twice in 2013 and 2021.
- Asian Games champion China defeated South Korea 2-1 and secured third place.
2. Which batsman has equaled Sachin’s centuries in ODI cricket? – Virat Kohli
- While creating history against South Africa, Virat Kohli has equaled the centuries of the world’s greatest batsman Sachin Tendulkar in ODI cricket.
- Also, Virat has become the seventh batsman in the world to score a century in ODI on his birthday.
- Virat has scored his 49 ODI centuries in just 277 innings, whereas Sachin has scored 49 ODI centuries in 451 innings.
3. Who has been appointed as the ‘Chief Information Commissioner’ of India? – Hiralal Samaria
- In chess, R Vaishali has won the FIDE Women’s Grand Swiss 2023 title in Isle of Man, UK. Whereas Vidit Gujarati defeated Alexander Predke of Serbia and achieved the top position in the open section.
- Along with this, both the players have also qualified for the prestigious Candidates Tournament to be played in Canada in April next year.
4. Which Indian chess player won the FIDE Women’s Grand Swiss 2023 title? – R Vaishali
- Information Commissioner Hiralal Samaria was sworn in as the Chief Information Commissioner by President Draupadi Murmu.
- The top post in the Central Information Commission (CIC) had become vacant after the completion of YK Sinha’s tenure on October 3.
- Central Information Commission is an important institution for the functioning of democracy and good government in India. CIC was established on 12 October 2005.
5. Which country will host the 24th Asian Archery Championship in the year 2025? – Bangladesh
- Bangladesh will host the 24th Asian Archery Championship in the year 2025.
- This decision was taken at the World Archery Asia Congress held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- A total of twenty-four member countries of the Asian continent participated in the Congress.
- Bangladesh and China had bid to organize the 24th Asian Archery Championship.
6. Where was the seventh edition of ‘Ganga Utsav’ organized? – New Delhi
- The seventh edition of Ganga Utsav was organized by the National Mission for Clean Ganga in New Delhi.
- On this occasion, the 33rd edition of ‘Namami Gange Patrika’ and the Voyage of Ganga booklet based on Ganga Pustak Parikrama were also released.
7. In which area has a new species of gecko been discovered recently? – Western Ghats
- Recently, a new species of gecko has been discovered in the Western Ghats near Rajapalayam, Tamil Nadu.
- This is the 94th species of Gecko. Before this, 93 species of gecko have been identified.
- The new species is also called Rashid’s dwarf gecko, because it is the smallest in the genus.
8. Which institution released the ‘2023 Adaptation Gap Report’? – World Bank
- In 2021, climate adaptation funding from public multilateral entities (such as the World Bank) and bilateral sources (from developed to developing nations) experienced a 15% decrease, as revealed in the 2023 Adaptation Gap Report by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- This decline occurred despite the commitments made at the 26th Conference of Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- These commitments aimed to double the support for adaptation finance from 2019 levels, targeting an annual sum of approximately $40 billion by 2025.
9. ‘National Efficient Cooking Programme’ is associated with which institution? – EESL
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture involving Public Sector Undertakings under the Ministry of Power, has introduced two pioneering programs: the National Efficient Cooking Programme (NECP) and the Energy Efficient Fans Programme (EEFP).
- These initiatives seek to transform cooking methods in India and underscore the significance of energy-efficient fans.
- As part of these programs, EESL aims to promote and implement energy-efficient technologies and practices across the country.
10. Which city is the host of ‘World Food India 2023’? – New Delhi
- The Prime Minister of India officially opened World Food India 2023 at Bharat Mandapam in the national capital, New Delhi.
- During the event, the PM disbursed seed capital assistance to over one lakh self-help groups (SHGs) and inaugurated a “food street”. The first edition of the event was held in 2017.