हिंदी में पढ़ें
1. Military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ is organized between India and which country? – USA
- The 14th edition of the special military exercise “Vajra Prahar” organized between India and USA is being organized in Umroi, Meghalaya.
- Exercise Vajra Prahar is a joint exercise conducted between the Indian Army and the US Army Special Forces. The first edition of this exercise was organized in India in the year 2010.
2. Atal Innovation Mission’-NITI Aayog signed an agreement with which country to promote circular economy startups? – Australia
- ‘Atal Innovation Mission’ NITI Aayog has launched a new accelerator to advance Australian and Indian circular economy startups.
- Rapid Innovation and Startup Expansion (RISE) was launched as a new accelerator.
- ‘Atal Innovation Mission’ is a major initiative of the Government of India to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
3. Where is ‘Global Fisheries Conference India’ 2023 being organised? – Gujarat
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala inaugurated the Global Fisheries Conference India 2023 at Gujarat Science City, Ahmedabad.
- ‘Global Fisheries Conference India’ is being organized by the Department of Fisheries.
- Its objective is to advance the country in fisheries and aquaculture sector.
4. Who has become the first Indian to win the International Emmy Award? – Veer Das
- Actor-comic Vir Das has won the International Emmy Award in the best comedy category for his Netflix stand-up special ‘Vir Das: Landing’.
- He has become the first Indian artist to win this award. The 51st International Emmy Awards were held in New York City, America.
- This award show was organized by the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (IATAS).
5. Who has recently become the new Prime Minister of the European country Luxembourg? – Luke Frieden
- Former Finance Minister Luc Frieden has been elected as the new Prime Minister of the European country Luxembourg.
- Giles Roth has been appointed the new Finance Minister of the country.
- Luxembourg is a small European country, surrounded by Belgium, France and Germany.
6. When is World Fisheries Day celebrated every year? – 21 November
- World Fisheries Day is celebrated every year on 21 November to raise awareness about the importance of fisheries and support the livelihoods of people dependent on fisheries.
- The theme of World Fisheries Day 2023 is ‘Celebrating the Wealth of Fisheries and Aquaculture’.
7. Who is the first recipient of Manohar Parrikar Yuva Scientist Award? – Dr Mathavaraj S
- Dr Mathavaraj S of the UR Rao Satellite Centre of ISRO has become the first recipient of Manohar Parrikar Yuva Scientist Award.
- The award comprises a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, which is currently the highest cash prize in science and technology, and a citation.
- He designed the powered descent trajectory of Chandrayaan-3 mission. The award was instituted by the Goa government.
8. Which country hosted the ‘Voice of the Global South Summit’ (VOGSS) recently? – India
- India recently hosted the second ‘Voice of the Global South Summit’ (VOGSS) in the virtual format. The first summit was held on 12–13 January 2023.
- The term ‘global South’ was first used by Carl Oglesky, a leftist American author and political activist in 1969, which gathered currency in the later decades.
9. Which is the Cambridge Dictionary’s Word of the Year for 2023? – Hallucinate
- The Cambridge Dictionary team chose hallucinate as its Word of the Year 2023 as it recognized that the new meaning gets to the heart of why people are talking about AI.
- The Cambridge Dictionary added new AI-related definitions to the dictionary, including large language model (or LLM), generative AI (or GenAI), and GPT.
- Many existing words, such as hallucinate, have adopted additional AI-related meanings this year.
10. As per a CDC-WHO Report, around 11 lakh children in India missed their first dose of the measles vaccine? – Measles
- In 2022, an estimated 11 lakh children in India missed their vital first dose of the measles vaccine: CDC-WHO Report.
- India is among the 37 countries that witnessed large or disruptive outbreaks, reporting 40,967 measles cases in 2022, according to the report.
- This puts India among 10 countries with the highest number of children who did not receive the first shot.
11. ExoMars Trace Gas Orbiter Mission is associated with which space agency? – ESA
- Scientists have detected a soft green glow in the night sky of Mars that can be seen with our human eyes.
- The European Space Agency’s (ESA) ExoMars Trace Gas Orbiter mission while orbiting around Mars spotted the Martian night sky filled with light in the optical spectrum.
- As per the scientists, the light is so bright in the polar regions that there is a possibility of human explorers seeing it if the night sky is clear of clouds.