India took over the leadership of the Asian Pacific Postal Union (APPU) from January, 2023. Following the successful elections held during the 13th APPU Congress held in Bangkok during August-September 2022, Dr. Vinaya Prakash Singh, erstwhile Member (Personnel), Postal Services Board will take over the charge of Secretary General of the Union for a tenure of 4 years.
- Held in: Bangkok, Thailand (also the head-quarter)
- Held from: August-September, 2022
- New Secretary General: Dr. Vinaya Prakash Singh
- Asian Pacific Postal Union (APPU) is an intergovernmental organization of 32-member countries of the Asian-Pacific region. APPU is the only Restricted Union of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in the region, which is a specialized agency of the United Nations.
- The goal of APPU is to extend, facilitate and improve postal relations between member countries and to promote cooperation in the field of postal services.
- This is the first time an Indian is leading an international organization in the postal sector.