हिंदी में पढ़ें
1. Exercise MITRA SHAKTI-2023 is organised between India and which country? – Sri Lanka
- The ninth edition of the Joint Military exercise “Exercise MITRA SHAKTI-2023” between India and Sri Lanka has begun in Pune.
- The Indian contingent consists of 120 personnel, primarily comprising troops from the MARATHA LIGHT INFANTRY Regiment.
- On the Sri Lankan side, personnel from the 53 Infantry Division are participating. Additionally, 15 individuals from the Indian Air Force and five from the Sri Lankan Air Force are also taking part in this exercise.
2. As of 2023, which country is the world’s biggest polluter? – China
- Recently, the United States and China unveiled an agreement aimed at boosting clean energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, and curbing emissions contributing to global warming.
- This announcement is of great significance as it involves the United States, historically the largest contributor to climate pollution, and China, which presently holds the title of the world’s biggest polluter.
- Combined, they are responsible for approximately 38% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
3. Which institution released the report titled ‘Sand and Dust Storms: A Guide to Mitigation, Adaptation, Policy, and Risk Management Measures in Agriculture’? – FAO
- According to a report by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) titled “Sand and dust storms: A Guide to Mitigation, Adaptation, Policy, and Risk Management Measures in Agriculture,” sand and dust storms pose a significant obstacle to achieving 11 out of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Sand and dust storms are meteorological events involving powerful and turbulent winds that lift numerous small particles to significant altitudes.
4. The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially recognized which condition as a grave global health threat? – Loneliness
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially recognized loneliness as a significant global health concern and has initiated multiple efforts to combat this pervasive issue.
- WHO has formed an international commission to address the problem, with leadership roles held by Dr. Vivek Murthy, the US surgeon general, and Chido Mpemba, the youth envoy at the African Union Commission.
5. Zorawar light tank project is a collaborative initiative between DRDO and _? – Larsen and Toubro
- Indian authorities have opted to maintain the use of the American Cummins engine for the entire Zorawar light tank project.
- Originally, the project was intended to incorporate a German engine, but it encountered delays due to a lack of German export control clearances known as BAFA clearance.
- As a result, the decision was made to proceed with the American engine.
- Zorawar light tank is a cooperative initiative between DRDO and the commercial company Larsen and Toubro.
6. In which state is the 54th ‘International Film Festival of India’ being organised? – Goa
- The 54th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) is being organized in Goa. It was inaugurated at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium in Bambolim.
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the 9-day programme, in which 270 films will be screened.
- Thakur also inaugurated the Film Bazaar which is organized every year along with IFFI.
7. Which team won the title of ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023? – Australia
- Australia’s cricket team won the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 title by defeating India by six wickets in the final at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. T
- ravis Head, who played a century for Australia, was declared the player of the match. Australia has won the World Cup title for a record sixth time.
8. Who has been awarded the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize? – Indian Medical Association (IMA) and the Indian Trained Nurses Association
- The prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2022 was jointly awarded to the Indian Medical Association (IMA) and the Indian Trained Nurses Association.
- This award is a tribute to the tireless efforts of the Covid-19 warriors in India. Indira Gandhi Peace Prize was established in the year 1986.
9. 72nd Miss Universe Shennis Palacios is from which country? – Nicaragua
- Miss Nicaragua Sheynnis Palacios was selected as the 72nd Miss Universe.
- Antonia Porsild of Thailand and Moraya Wilson of Australia were the first and second runners-up respectively. Shennis Palacios also represented Nicaragua in the Miss World 2021 pageant.
- It was organized in El Salvador.
10. Which player won the Player of the Tournament title in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023? – Virat Kohli
- Former India captain Virat Kohli was awarded the Player of the Tournament title in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023.
- Kohli had scored 765 runs in 11 matches in the tournament.
- Whereas India’s Mohammed Shami became the highest wicket taker with 24 wickets.
- Quinton de Kock of South Africa had scored maximum 4 centuries in the tournament.