Skip to content
Prime Minister Visit to France
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited France from 13 to 14 July 2023 at the invitation of Emmanuel Macron, President of France.
- India and France have agreed to cooperate in sectors such as defence and outlined a road map for the next 25 years of India-France ties.
- Prime Minister was the Guest of Honour at the Bastille Day Parade on 14 July 2023.
India-France Relations in the Present Context
- The Inter-governmental agreement for purchase of 36 Rafale jets by India in flyaway condition was signed in New Delhi in 2016.
- The French have promised 100 per cent technology transfer.
- In October, 2022 India and France signed a Road Map on Green Hydrogen, which aims “to bring the French and Indian hydrogen ecosystems together.
- Earlier in February 2022, they signed a Road Map on the Blue Economy and Ocean Governance.
Prime Minister was Awarded Legion of Honour
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has become the first Indian Prime Minister to have been conferred with the Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour, France’s highest civilian and military honour, by French President Emmanuel Macron.
List of gifts presented by PM Narendra Modi to the hosts in France
- Sandalwood Sitar for French President Emmanuel Macron
- Pochampally Ikat in Sandalwood Box for Brigitte Macron, President’s Spouse
- Marble inlay work table for Élisabeth Borne, Prime Minister of France
- Hand-knitted Silk Kashmiri carpet for Yael Braun- Pivet, President of French National Assembly
- Sandalwood Hand-carved Elephant Ambavari for Gerard Larcher, President of French Senate
India-France Strategic Dialogue
- Emmanuel Bonne, Diplomatic Advisor and G7/G20 Sherpa to the President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, paid a visit to India on 5 January 2023 for the 36 session of the Indo- French Strategic Dialogue.