हिंदी में पढ़ें
1. Which country has recently given the facility to Indians to travel without visa? – Thailand
- Southeast Asian country Thailand has recently provided the facility to Indians to travel without visa.
- Indians can travel to Thailand without a visa during the period from November 10, 2023 to May 10, 2024.
- Thailand has taken this decision with the aim of promoting tourism in the country.
- After Malaysia, China and South Korea, about 12 lakh tourists have visited Thailand so far this year.
2. Which drone company has recently received certification from DGCA? – Throttle Aerospace Systems
- RatanIndia Enterprises-owned drone company Throttle Aerospace Systems has received type-certification from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for manufacturing drones.
- Throttle Aerospace was the first company in India to receive a Drone License Certificate from DGCA and was eligible for the Product Linked Scheme of the Government of India.
3. In which country is the world’s first AI Safety Summit being organized? – Britain
- The world’s first AI Safety Summit has started in the European country Britain, many countries including India, America, France, Singapore are participating in this conference.
- Union Minister Rajiv Chandrashekhar is representing India at the two-day summit starting on November 1 in Buckinghamshire in southern England.
- This is the first time that such an AI Safety Summit is being organized.
4. Who will chair the International Jury Panel at ‘India International Film Festival’? – Shekhar Kapur
- Famous filmmaker Shekhar Kapur will chair the international jury panel at the ‘India International Film Festival’.
- The 54th edition of this film festival will be organized from November 20 to November 28, 2023 in Goa. It is one of the largest film events in South Asia.
- It was established in 1952.
5. Which England cricketer has announced his retirement from international cricket after the World Cup 2023? – David Wiley
- England cricket player David Willey has announced his retirement from international cricket after the World Cup.
- 33-year-old Willie made his debut for England in 2015.
- So far he has played 70 ODI and 43 T20 International matches for England. David Willey has also taken 94 wickets in ODIs.
6. Who has become the fastest fast bowler to take 100 wickets in ODI cricket? – Shaheen Afridi
- Pakistan’s fast bowler Shaheen Afridi has become the fastest bowler to take 100 wickets in ODI cricket.
- He achieved this feat in a match played against Bangladesh in the World Cup.
- He achieved his 100 ODI wickets in his 51st ODI match.
- Earlier this record was in the name of Mitchell Starc of Australia who had achieved this feat in his 52nd match.
7. In which dictionary has the word ‘Baseball‘ related to cricket been added recently? – Collins
- Recently the word ‘Bazball’ related to cricket has been included in the prestigious Collins Dictionary.
- This word is used to adopt an aggressive approach in the game of cricket.
- This term was first used by Andrew Miller.
- This word came into discussion when Brendon McCullum was made the captain of England’s Test team.
8. What is the theme of ‘Vigilance Awareness Week 2023’? – Say no to corruption, commit to the Nation
- The Vigilance Awareness Week, 2023 is being observed by the Central Vigilance Commission and all institutions across the country from 30th October till 5th November.
- This year the theme is – Say no to corruption, commit to the Nation.
- Every year Vigilance Awareness Week is observed as an outreach measure to create greater awareness about the importance of integrity and ethics in public life.
9. ‘Operation Sesha’, which was launched recently, aims to curb the illegal trade of_: – Timber
- Union Finance Minister launches phase IV of ‘Operation Sesha’ to curb the illegal trade of Timber, including Red Sanders.
- She launched this during the inaugural session of the first ever Global Conference on Cooperation in Enforcement Matters (GCCEM) in New Delhi.
- Delegates representing over 40 Custom Organisations participated in the event.
10. Which state/UT launched the ‘Abua Awas Yojna’? – Jharkhand
- The Jharkhand Cabinet, last week, approved the ‘Abua Awas Yojna’ (AAY), a housing scheme for the poor, which will provide eight lakhs pucca houses to the homeless in the state, and has a total budget of Rs 16,320 crore.
- The scheme will be implemented in three phases, with a target of 2 lakh houses in the current financial year; 3.5 lakh houses in FY 2024-25 and 2.5 lakh houses in FY 2025-26.
11. Which institution has mandated ‘penny drop’ verification for NPS fund withdrawal? – PFRDA
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has made ‘penny drop’ verification mandatory for the withdrawal of funds by subscribers of the National Pension System (NPS), Atal Pension Yojana and NPS Lite as well as modifications in bank account details.
- Under the process, Central Recordkeeping Agencies (CRA) check the active status of the savings bank account and match the name in the bank account number with the name in the PRAN or according to the documents submitted.