Recently, the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister of India, has approved the City Investments to Innovate, Integrate and Sustain 2.0 (CITIIS 2.0)
CITIIS 2.0 is a program conceived by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in partnership with the French Development Agency (AFD), Kreditanstaltfür, Wiederaufbau (KfW), the European Union (EU), and National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA).
About CITIIS 2.0
- Approved on – May 31, 2023
- Approved by The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister of India
- Duration – 4 Years (from 2023 till 2027)
- CITIIS 1.0 Launched in – 2018
- The program aims to support competitively selected projects promoting circular economy with focus on integrated waste management at the city level.
- The funding for CITIIS 2.0 would include a loan of Rs.1760 crore (EUR 200 million) from French Development Agency (AFD) and Kreditanstaltfür Wiederaufbau (KW) (EUR 100 million each) and a technical assistance grant of Rs.106 cr. (EUR 12 million) from the European Union (EU).
Components of CITIIS 2.0
- CITIIS 2.0 has three major components
- Component 1: Financial and technical support for developing projects focused on building climate resilience, adaptation and mitigation in up to 18 smart cities.
- Component 2: All States and UT’s will be eligible for support on demand basis.
- Component 3: Interventions at all three levels; Centre, State and City to further climate governance in urban India through institutional strengthening, knowledge dissemination, partnerships, building capacity, research and development to support scale up across all States and Cities.