Skip to content
Cabinet approves Revised Domestic Gas Pricing Guidelines
- The Union Cabinet approved revised domestic gas pricing guidelines and the price of natural gas will be 10 per cent of the monthly average of the Indian crude basket. The guidelines will ensure a stable pricing regime for domestic gas consumers, provide adequate protection to producers from adverse market fluctuation
Revised Domestic Gas Pricing Guidelines
- Approved in: April, 2023
- Approved by: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister
- Objective: Stable pricing regime for consumers and protection to producers from adverse market fluctuation
- Government has targeted to increase the share of natural gas in primary energy mix in India from current 6.5% to 15% by 2030.
- Currently, the domestic gas prices are determined as per the new Domestic Gas Pricing Guidelines, 2014 which were approved by Government in 2014.