Recently, the President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu presented the “Bhoomi Samman” 2023 at a function organized by the Union Ministry of Rural Development in New Delhi.
- Function organized at – New Delhi (July 18, 2023)
- Function organized by Union Ministry of Rural Development
- The awards were received by State Secretaries and District Collectors along with their teams.
- Best state- Odisha
About “Bhoomi Samman”
- Bhoomi Samman is given to State Secretaries and District Collectors along with their teams who have excelled in achieving saturation of the core components of the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme.
- This year 9 State Secretaries and 68 District Collectors of the aforesaid Districts were presented with “Bhoomi Samman” recognizing their efforts in achieving outstanding performance.
- The grading system is largely based on reports and inputs of the States and UTs in the core components of computerization and digitization of land records.
- Name of Bhoomi Samman awardee 2023 states are Jharkhand, Bihar, Assam, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Tripura, West Bengal, and Odisha.
- Odisha has been awarded the Prestigious “Bhoomi Samman” as the best state in India for its outstanding contribution to the digitization of land records.