The United Nations (UN) has recognized Namami Gange initiative to rejuvenate India’s sacred River Ganga as one of the top 10 World Restoration Flagships to revive the natural world.
- Awarded on December 14, 2022 (World Restoration Day)
- Awarded by United Nations (UN)
- Awarded for To rejuvenate India’s sacred River Ganga
- Awarded as one of the top 10 World Restoration Flagships to revive the natural world.
- Awarded at 15th Conference of Parties (COP15) to the Convention on Biodiversity (CBD) in Montreal, Canada
|Namami Gange Programme
- Is an Integrated Conservation Mission, approved as Flagship Programme by the Union Government in June 2014 with budget outlay of Rs. 20,000 Crore.
- It aims to accomplish the twin objectives of effective abatement of pollution, conservation and rejuvenation of National River Ganga.