Indian Foreign Minister, Dr. S. Jaishankar visited Jakarta, Indonesia for the Foreign Ministers’ Meetings under the ASEAN framework in the format – ASEAN-India, East Asia Summit and ASEAN Regional Forum.
East Asia Summit (EAS) Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- Held at: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Held on: 14 July 2023
- Also held: ASEAN-India foreign ministers meet
- The East Asia Summit (EAS) was established in 2005 as an ASEAN-led initiative.
- The EAS comprises 18 members: 10 ASEAN countries and 8 dialogue partners (Australia, China,India, Japan, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Russia, and the United States).
- The EAS meetings usually take place alongside ASEAN Leaders’ meetings in the fourth quarter of each year.
- India has been a founding member of the EAS since 2005 and actively participates in all its meetings and activities.