On June 16, 2023, NITI Aayog and the United Nations in India signed the Government of India – United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2023-2027.
The Gol-UNSDEF is the collective commitment of the UN Development System in India, in support of the India’s achievement of Agenda 2030, and the principle
of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas
- Signed on – June 16, 2023
- Signed by- NITI Aayog and the United Nations in India
- Objective-India’s achievement of Agenda 2030 Period-2023-2027
- Gol-UNSDCF 2023-2027 represents the UN development system’s collective offer to the Government of India, in line with the national vision for development, for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, promoting gender equality, youth empowerment and human rights.
- The Gol-UNSDCF 2023-2027 is built on four strategic pillars derived from the 2030 Agenda – People, Prosperity, Planet and Participation.
|The Sustainable Development Agenda
- The Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and improve the lives and prospects of everyone, everywhere.
- The 17 Goals were adopted by all UN Member States in 2015, as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development which set out a 15-year plan to achieve the Goals.
The 17 Goals
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL. 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure GOAL 10: Reduced Inequalities
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12 Responsible Consumption and
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships for the Goals