On June 27, 2023, the TAPAS UAV was demonstrated before the Tri-Services team for the first time at the Aeronautical Test Range in Chitradurga.
- The indigenously developed Tactical Aerial Platform for Advanced Surveillance (TAPAS) 201 Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) is now ready for user evaluation trials.
- TAPAS 201, designed and developed by the Bengaluru-based Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE)
- It is a multi-mission UAV to carries out the intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance roles for the three armed forces with an endurance of 24 to 30 hours.
General characteristics of TAPAS UAV
- Capacity: 350 kg (772 lb) payload
- Length: 9.5 m
- Wingspan: 20.6 mi
- Empty weight: 1,800 kg
- Powerplant: 2x NPO-Saturn 36T engines wing-mounted turboprop, 74.57 kW (100.00 hp) each (Prototype)
Performance of TAPAS UAV
- Maximum speed: 224km/h
- Ferry range: 1,000 km
- Endurance: (24-30 hours)
- Service ceiling: 10,668 m (35,000 ft)