Recently, using the Falcon Heavy launch vehicle, Elon Musk-led SpaceX launched Hughes’ Jupiter 3, which could be the largest private communications satellite.
About Jupiter 3
- Launched by: Space X
- Developed by: Maxar Technologies in Palo Alto, California
- Launched: July 2023
- Launch Vehicle: Falcon Heavy rocket
- Spaceport: Launch Complex-39A of Kennedy Space Center, Florida, USA.
- The Jupiter 3 satellite is designed to deliver internet services to customers in North and South America.
- The satellite will support services such as in-flight Wi-Fi and augment private Wi-Fi usage with other wireless technologies.