1. Where does fertilization occur?
(a) In uterus
(b) In oviduct
(c) In ovary
(d) In vagina
[45th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2001]
2. In human beings, normally in which one of the following parts, does the sperm fertilize the ovum ?
(b) Fallopian tube
(c) Lower part of uterus
(d) Upper part of uterus
[I.A.S. (Pre) 2007]
3. After reaching the female genital tract, human sperms retain their fertilizing capacity for –
(a) Two minutes
(b) Twenty minutes
(c) Ninety minutes
(d) One to two days
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2010]
4. The heart of human embryo starts beating?
(a) In the first week of development
(b) In the third week of its development
(c) In the fourth week of its development
(d) In the sixth week of its development
[I.A.S. (Pre) 1994]
Ans. (c) In the fourth week of its development
5. Which one of the following is a membrane that protects the developing embryo from desiccation ?
(d) Yolk Sac
[I.A.S. (Pre) 1995]