The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) left the main policy instrument, tepo rate, unchanged at 6.50 per cent for the third consecutive monetary policy.
RBI Monetary Policy
- Announced on August 10, 2023
- Announced by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Prepared by Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of RBI
- The MPC unanimously decided to keep the policy Repo Rate unchanged at 6.50%
- Consequently, the Standing Deposit Facility (SDF) rate remains unchanged at 6.25% and the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and Bank Rate at 6.75%