On 7th September 2022, Government of India approved PM SHRI Schools (PM Schools for Rising India) scheme.
About PM SHRI Schools Scheme
- Approved on: 7th September 2022
- Approved by: Union Cabinet headed by PM Narendra Modi
- Objective: Test bed for National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
Structure of the Scheme
- This is a completely centrally sponsored scheme.
- In the first phase of the scheme, a total of 14500 schools across the country will be converted into PM SHRI Schools.
- These schools will be strengthened academically, infrastructure-wise, technologically etc. to showcase all components of the National Education Policy 2020.