Recently, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the PM-PRANAM (PM Programme for Restoration, Awareness, Generation, Nourishment and Amelioration of Mother Earth) scheme.
About PM-PRANAM Scheme
- Approved in – June, 2023
- Approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA)
- Announced in-Budget 2023-2024
- The PM-PRANAM scheme is a step towards promoting sustainable agriculture and reducing the dependency on chemical fertilizers.
- Under the scheme, states that will adopt alternative fertilizers will be incentivized with the subsidy that is saved by reducing the use of chemical fertilizers.
- The PM-PRANAM scheme aims at saving the soil and promoting sustainable, balanced use of fertilizers and it involves the participation of State governments.
- The scheme will be financed by the savings from existing fertilizer subsidies and it will not have a separate budget.
- The Integrated Fertilizers Management System (IFMS) is the platform envisaged to track the use of fertilizers.