National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) has deployed PARAM Ganga, a High-Performance Computational (HPC) facility at IIT Roorkee.
- Supercomputing Capacity: 1.67 Petaflops.
- Designed and Commissioned By: Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- Commission Under: Under Phase II of the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)
- Previous Supercomputer: ‘Param Pravega’ (IISc Bengaluru)
- In February 2022, the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, commissioned and installed Param Pravega (3.3 petaflops), which is claimed to be one of the most powerful supercomputers in the country.
- PARAM Shivay was the first supercomputer assembled indigenously and was installed in IIT (BHU).