1. Basaltic Lava rocks over the Indian Deccan Plateau were formed in which of the following periods?
(a) Cretaceous period
(b) Pleistocene period
(c) Carboniferous period
(d) Miocene period
[Uttarakhand P.C.S. (Pre) 2012]
Ans. (a) Cretaceous period
2. Meghalaya plateau is part of –
(a) Himalayan Range
(b) Peninsular Plateau
(c) Mountains of Eastern Ghats
(d) Satpura Range
[U.P.U.D.A./L.D.A. (Pre) 2013]
Ans. (b) Peninsular Plateau
3. Which one of the following is not a part of the Meghalaya Plateau?
(a) Bhuban Hills
(b) Garo Hills
(c) Khasi Hills
(d) Jaintia Hills
(e) None of the above/More than one of the above
[64th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2018]
4. Extra peninsular mountains of India were formed during
(a) Eozoic Era
(b) Palaeozoic Era
(c) Mesozoic Era
(d) Cenozoic Era
[41st B.P.S.C. (Pre) 1996]
5. Why is Dhanbad the most densely inhabited district of the Chotanagpur plateau?
(a) Fertile soil and irrigational facilities by canals from the Damodar.
(b) Availability of coal, iron ore, mica, copper etc.
(c) Development of mining industries and industrialization.
(d) All of the above.
[U.P.P.C.S. (Mains) 2007]
Ans. (c) Development of mining industries and industrialization.
6. Chotanagpur Plateau –
(a) Is a front-sloping
(b) Is a pitfall
(c) Is a foothill
(d) Is a plain subland
[40th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 1995]
Ans. (a) Is a front-sloping
7. Alabama Hill located at
(a) the west of Bijapur upland
(b) the east of Bijapur upland
(c) the south of Bijapur upland
(d) the north of Bijapur upland
[Chhattisgarh P.C.S. (Pre) 2018]
Ans. (c) the south of Bijapur upland
8. Which one of the following districts does not have Dharwar geological formations?
(e) None of the above/more than one of the above
[65th B.P.S.C. (Pre) 2019]
9. Which plateau lies between the Aravalli and the Vindhya ranges –
(a) Malwa Plateau
(b) Chotanagpur Plateau
(c) Deccan Plateau
(d) Peninsular Plateau
[M.P.P.C.S. (Pre), 2008]
10. Dandakaranya lies in –
(a) Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh
(b) Chhattisgarh and Orissa
(c) Jharkhand and Orissa
(d) Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand
[U.P.P.C.S. (Spl) (Mains) 2008]
Ans. (b) Chhattisgarh and Orissa
11. In which part of India, Dandakaranya is situated?
[Jharkhand P.C.S. (Pre) 2013]