Skip to content
- The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) has issued guidelines for “dark patterns”.
- It is to be implemented from 1st September 2023.
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
- Recently, a virtual summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) was concluded with the signing of the “New Delhi Declaration”
- Theme: “Towards a SECURE SCO” (Security, Economic development, Connectivity, Unity, Respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity, and Environmental protection).
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- SIDBI has launched the mission ’50K-EV4ECO’ to boost electric vehicles ecosystem.
- It is precursor to EVOLVE scheme of SIDBI & World Bank.
- About SIDBI
- Established- 1990 (under an act of Parliament)
- Headquarters – Lucknow (UP)
- Mandate- To facilitate and strengthen credit flow to MSMES
United Nations Statistical Commission
- News: India has been elected to the UN Statistical Commission for a four-year term beginning from January 1, 2024. (April 6, 2023)
- Established – 1974
- Members- 24 (Elected on equitable geographical distribution by UN Economic & Social Council)
- Headquarters – United Nations, New York
- Chairperson of 54th Session, 2023 – Gabriella Vukovich (Hungary)
Delhi Airport – 9th busiest in the world in 2022
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has emerged as the ninth busiest airport in the world in 2022 with passenger traffic of more than 5.95 crore, according to Airports Council International (ACI) list.
- As per ACI the top 10 busiest airports in the world for 2022 is topped by Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL, 93.7 million passengers).
- The Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) is the only airport to figure in the top 10 list from South and South East Asia.
Indian Institute of Millet Research (IIMR)
- In Union Budget 2023-24 FM Nirmala Sitharaman has announced to support Hyderabad based IIMR as centre of excellence. (1″ February, 2023)
- IIMR, Hyderabad is a premier agricultural research institute (estd. – 1958).
- Established – 1958
Vulture/Jatayu Conservation Breeding Centre (VCBC)
- Vultures/Jatayu may be released in the wild after breeding, (20 February, 2023)
- VCBC is a joint project of the Haryana Forest Department and the Bombay Natural History Society.
Central Electricity Authority (CEA)
- CEA releases Disaster Management Plan (DMP) for the power sector. (11 January, 2023)
- It established under the Electricity (Supply) Act, 1948.
Coal India Limited (CIL)
- CIL launched M-Sand Projects in big way. (27 January, 2023)
- Sand is one of the major geological resources of the country and manufactured sand (M-sand) is a form of artificial sand.
- Established – 1975
International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
- Aspartame – Common artificial sweetner set to be declared possible carcinogen by IARC (June 30, 2023).
- IARC is the specialised cancer agency of the World Health Organistion (WHO).
- Established- 1965
- Member-27 Countries
- Headquarters – Lyon, France
Bank for International Settlement (BIS)
- BIS and Reserve Bank of India (RBI) have jointly announced the 4th edition of the G20 TechSprint, a global technology competition. (May 04, 2023)
- Established – 1930
- Owned by –63 Central Banks
- Headquarters – Basel, Switzerland
- Representative Offices – Hong Kong and Mexico City
World Health Organisation (WHO)
- The head of WHO has declared an end to Covid-19 as a public health emergency on May 5, 2023.
- On January 30, 2020 WHO has declared a public health emergency of international concern due to Covid-19.
- Established 1948
- Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
- Director-General (Head) – Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
International Seabed Authority (ISA)
- ISA has officially designated India as a ‘Pioneer Investor’. (1″ February, 2013).
- Established 16th November, 1994
- Headquarters – Kingston, Jamaica
UN Commission for Social Development (CSoCD) (Established – 1946)
- Ruchira Kamboj, Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations, was elected on behalf of India as the chair of the 62nd Session of the CSocD. (15th February, 2023).
- Headquarters – New York (USA)
- Director – Ms. Daniela Bas
Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- FATF has suspended Russia’s membership over the Ukraine War. (24th February, 2023).
- FATF is the global money laundering and terrorist financing watchdog
- Established-1989 (by G7)
- Headquarters – Paris (France)
Asian Pacific Postal Union (APPU)
- India took over the leadership of the APPU. (03 January, 2023)
- Vinaya Prakash Singh of India took over the charge of the secretary general of APPU for a tenure of four years.
- Established in 1962 (Manila, Philippines)
International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- India has won IEC Vice Presidency and Standardization Management Board (SMB) chair for 2023-25 term.
Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU)
- Prasar Bharti has hosted 59th ABU General Assembly 2022 in New Delhi. (25-30 November, 2022)
Theme of assembly 2022 : Serving the People : Media’s Role in Times of Crisis.