India has improved its position by six slots and is now placed at 61st rank as per the Network Readiness Index
2022 (NRI 2022)
About the NRI-2022 Report
- Released on: 15 November 2022
- Released by: Portulans Institute
- Ranks: 131 Countries
- India’s rank: 61st (2021 rank: 67th)
- India’s score: 51.19 (49.74 in 2021)
The Network Readiness Index
- Initially launched in 2002 with the World Economic Forum.
- NRI has been redesigned in 2019 by its founders and co-editors, Soumitra Dutta and Bruno Lanvin
- NRI is an in-depth analysis of 131 countries performance across four dimensions of digital readiness Technology, People, Governance and Impact.
- It uses 58 different indicators.
- India is ranked 3rd out of 36 in the group of lower-middle-income countries.
- India secured
- 1st rank in “Al talent concentration”,
- 2nd rank in “Mobile broadband internet. traffic within the country” and “International Internet bandwidth”,
- 3rd rank in “Annual investment in telecommu- nication services” and “Domestic market size”.