The Oscar for Best Documentary Short film was announced for ‘The Elephant Whisperers‘ which revolves around a family who adopts two orphan baby elephants in Mudumalai Tiger Reserve and rears them
- Mudumalai Tiger Reserve (MTR) is located in the Nilgiris District of Tamil Nadu.
- It is at the tri-junction of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- The Tiger Reserve comprises of the wildlife sanctuary and the national park of the same name.
- It forms a part of the Nilgiris Biosphere Reserve.
- It has a common boundary with Wyanad Wildlife Sanctuary (Kerala) on the West, Bandipur Tiger Reserve (Karnataka) on the North.
- The Moyar River flows downstream into the Mudumalai Tiger Reserve and is the natural line of division between Mudumalai and Bandipur Sanctuary.