On 18 April, 2023, Shri Arjun Munda, Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Government of India launched the Ministry of Tribal Affairs’ new Central Sector Scheme. “Marketing and Logistics Development for Promotion of Tribal Products from North-Eastern Region (PTP. NER)
About (PTP-NER) Scheme
- Launched on: 18 April, 2023
- Launched by: Mr. Arjun Munda, Union Minister of Tribal Affairs
- Launched from: Manipur
- Vision: To strengthen livelihood opportunities for tribal artisans of North East
- Vision-The scheme “Marketing and Logistics Development for Promoting Tribal Products from North-Eastern Region (PTP-NER)” has the vision to strengthen livelihood opportunities for tribal artisans through increased efficiency in procurement, logistics and marketing of tribal products.
- Coverage and duration : The scheme envisions directly enhancing the livelihood of more than 6000 tribal artisans and suppliers across the Northeast region.
- The original period of implementation of the scheme was two years i.e. from 2021-22 to 2022-23 which is now extended till 2024-25
- Nodal Implementing Agency: TRIFED has been appointed as the Nodal Implementing Agency of the PTP-NER scheme. Under the PTP-NER Scheme, the TRIFED may implement the scheme through designated Implementation Partners.
- Financial layout of the scheme: The total budget for the scheme is Rs. 143.52 crores, approved by the SFC for the period of implementation of the scheme.
- Tribal Artisans Producers shall be empanelled under this scheme by organising Tribal Artisan Melas (TAMs).