In May, 2023, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced that Kerala has achieved the distinction of becoming India’s first fully e-governed state. The southern state has successfully digitized an extensive range of government services, ensuring prompt and transparent delivery to its citizens.
- The government is making various interventions to ensure internet rights for people.
- A single-window portal named e-Sevanam has been launched.
- It offers 900 government services online.
- The Kerala State Wide Area Network programme is being launched to connect the data centre with 14 district centres and 152 block panchayats,
- The KFI programme to offer Wi-Fi at public places is being implemented.
- Over 2,000 hotspots have been set up and steps are being taken to launch another 2,000.