Skip to content
Kerala becomes first state to use robotic scavengers to clean manholes
- On February 24, 2023 the Kerala government has launched robotic scavenger, Bandicoot, to clean sewages.
- By doing this, Kerala becomes the first state in the country to use robotic technology to clean all its commissioned manholes.
- Bandicoot is inducted under the Guruvayur Sewerage Project by Kerala Water Authority (KWA), as part of the 100-day action plan of the State Government.
- Bandicoot is developed by Kerala-based Genrobotics.
- Genrobotics has recently bagged ‘Kerala Pride’ award at the Huddle Global 2022 conclave organised by the Kerala Startup Mission.