ISRO successfully launched the second developmental flight of the Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV), SSLV-D2 on February 10, 2023.
- Launched from: launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh
- Payload: EOS-07, Janus-1 and AzaadiSAT-2
Key Objective Of The Launch
- Demonstration of designed Payload capability of SSLV in Low Earth Orbit (LEO)
- Injection of EOS-07 satellite and two passenger satellites Janus-1 & AzaadiSAT-2 into 450 km circular orbit.
|About the payloads
- It was developed by ISRO. It weighs 156 kg It carries a spectrum monitoring payload and humidity sounder. It is an earth observation satellite.
- The satellite was developed by the USA. The weight of the satellite was 10.2 kg. It is a demonstration satellite developed by ANTARIS.