India Tourism Statistics 2022 was released in New Delhi on 27 September, 2022. It is 63rd edition of this publication.
- Published by Ministry of Tourism (GOI)
- India is ranked 54th in 2021 in global Travel and Tourism Development index (TTDI) released by WEE
- Foreign tourist arrivals (FTAs) has decreased in 2021 to 1.52 million from 2.74 million in 2020 owing to Covid 19 restrictions.
- Non-resident Indians (NRI) and International Tourist Arrivals (ITAS) has seen positive growth of 52.6% & 10.6% respectively in 2020-21.
- Top 5 sources of FTAs in India in 2021 United States, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Canada & Nepal with the foreign exchange earnings of US $ 8.797 billion (26.4% growth).
- Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu were the top two states in number of foreign tourist visits in 2021.
- While Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh are top two states in number of domestic tourist visits.
- Taj Mahal was most popular destination for domestic tourists.