The combined Index of Eight Core Industries (ICI) increased by 3.5 percent (provisional) in April 2023 as compared to the Index of April 2022. The production of Fertilizers, Steel, Cement, and Coal increased in April 2023 over the corresponding month of last year.
Index of Eight Core Industries
- Released on May 31, 2023
- Released by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (ICI)- Increased by 3.5 percent (provisional)
- Month In April 2023.
About the Core Industries
- The eight-core sectors of the Indian economy are-
electricity, steel, refinery products, crude oil,
coal, cement, natural gas and fertilizers.
- The eight core industries have a combined share of 40.27 per cent in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP), which gives the growth rates of different industry groups in a specified period.
- It is released by the Office of the Economic Adviser (OEA), “Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), and Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- Base year of index is 2011-12.